Sunday 3 August 2014

Mackay. Still.

On the hard and the work is done. Vivo is looking good! But it’s too windy to put her back in the slings and splash. The slip they drop into is only two foot wider than Vivo so I really cannot be swinging around when they lower me down. Might be a couple more days. We are bored ½ to death. Rode the bus to the mall to go to McDonalds for lunch for something to do. Were down to that. Can’t go off far because we need to be around for the re-launch. We need a break in the winds and high tide at the same time.

Got so bored I shaved off the grey beard. Which was getting a little out of hand anyway. Then off to the mall to get a haircut. Which was also getting a bit out of hand. A small miscommunication with the Aussy gal at the salon and bzzzzz I’m about bald. Worst haircut I ever had. I look like Peter the pinhead. It will grow back but in the meantime I look even dumber than I usually do. And people don’t recognize me. I have had to re-introduce myself to most of the yard fellows. It’s quite comical. I’ve been working with these guys for a week and they didn’t know who I was. Only Buda, the yard dog, knew it was me.

So we kill some more time before we can get out to the Whitsundays.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment