Sunday 24 August 2014

Brisbane

How ya going? Seems to be the standard greeting here in Brizzi. Rain and cold for the first two days. Walked all over the city. Then we would come back to the condo and warm up for a while, then at it again. Very vibrant, clean place. We like it. By we I mean Dawn and I. She is here now and we will tour around for the next couple of months. Vivo is without anchor windlass till the end of September and both hot water heaters have gone to hot water heater heaven. She will stay in a slip in Mackay and spend some time thinking about the problems she has caused. I will dwell on dirt for now and see Oz.


Day three in Brisbane and the sun came out. Did a river tour up to a Koala sanctuary and game preserve called Lone Pine. Pretty cool. Small private preserve and very well run. You can get as close as you want to most of the critters. Like I have said before the salties have eaten most of the barristers here so they are not much concerned about liability. Which, in fact, I rather like.

Told a friend that I was going to hug a Koala and eat a kangaroo. One down.                                Little bugger said my hair cut was bloody awful. Everybody is a critic.
They are very soft but kind of smelly. Probably thought the same of me.

Don't know which one is cuter!

That is one big chicken, yes?

Nice doggie.       Didn't mention to him my next goal after hugging a koala.

A dingo ate my baby.       Sorry couldn't resist that one.

Brisbane from the river. We are in the 4th floor of the really tall tower in the center of the frame.
Tomorrow, more touristy stuff. Then back to Mackay for a while.

M

1 comment:

  1. Hope you and Dawn are having a wonderful time! I love the Koala's--so sleepy! Cheers,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete