Thursday 9 October 2014

New Zealand

Went north as far as you can go. Saw the lighthouse at Cape Reinga, and headed back south. Back through Auckland to Waihi Beach. With a couple of stops along the way.

Suspension bridge on the way over to an abandoned gold mine. Karangahake Gorge.
And no, I don't know what is wrong with my leg.

Hope that rock doesn't fall on her head!

The hike around the gold mine takes you through a 1Km abandoned train tunnel. Pretty cool in a wet, cold, muddy, smelly kind of way.
Along our way in the north country we saw wild peacocks. Which I did not get a photo of. Quite a few pheasant.  Which I did not get a photo of. Flocks of wild turkeys. With 1/2 dozens Toms at a time all puffed up and strutting around.  Which I did not get a photo of. And a rooster.  Which I did get a photo of. Always a chicken in the story somewhere. Invited this one to (be) dinner. He declined. As is usually the case.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment