Thursday 3 July 2014

Fiji

Had a wonderful surprise. Dawn came to visit and brought Paige with her. It had been about 7 weeks since I last saw Dawn and 6 months since I saw Paige. About gave me a heart attach in the airport. 5:30 AM and Paige comes around the corner and says Bula Daddy’O. (Bula is hello in Fiji.) Anyway they will not be here long so we are trying to get in as much of Fiji as we can while they are here.

We are off to Vanuatu tomorrow. Dawn and Paige go home. Not going to have WiFi for a while I would think. Where we are going is quite remote and primitive. And has an active lava-spitting volcano that we will hike up to. Vanuatu is where they build the wooden towers and jump off with vines tied to their ankles. I’m thinking I will skip that one. But who knows. I’ve shown worse judgment than that before. So we leave a gorgeous resort and head for a place where they still wear penis sheaths. Might skip that one as well. But wouldn’t that be a posting!

The luckiest guy in the world with his two girls. Wearing my new bad azz jacket and satin pants. 20 bucks! No kidding. No pockets though. Same problem as the sarong. And pretty hot and itchy. And a guy named James kissed me on the cheek. So I'm thinking this one will not come out again. Makes people weird. The world is not ready. I will definitely bring it home though.

Visited a local village. Paige got to drink Cava. Agrees that it tastes like dish water.

Visited the school. The Kindergardeners were in the library. When they saw us coming they grabbed books and mobbed us to read to them. It was hard to leave there. These kids and their teacher were wonderful. 


All for a while probably. Going sailing!

peace


M

No comments:

Post a Comment