Saturday 1 March 2014

Christmas comes to the Galapagos. And Good Bye.

The new crewmember, Kyle, is a friend of Ryan’s from St Thomas. So I shot a note to Ryan to buy up a bunch of fishing gear and send it with Kyle. Ho Boy did they deliver! I am in fishing gear heaven. Excellent barter stuff. When I put it all out on the table Jonathan from Chez Nous eyes about popped. The picture does not really do it justice. There must be 70 lures and wire and various hooks. Over a mile of 50 lb line. We are HOOKED UP BABY! We will catch some fish now for sure!

This should last me a little while. Mr. Ugly is going to get a much needed rest.


Got the balance of my fuel on board last night. I am quite surprised actually. I told them they shorted be 80 gallons but it turned out to be only 45. But at 6 bucks a gallon that’s something. So I am claiming a bit of a victory here. Lesson there is whatever you were shorted double it. So you get what you need and they figure they still screwed you. Everybody happy now?

Tomorrow noon is the start of the next leg. 3000 miles to Marquesas. Twice as far as I have ever done before. Should be a pretty quiet crossing weather wise. Just long. We hit the farmers market at 5 AM this morning to load up on fresh produce. Must have loaded up 100 maybe 125 pounds of stuff. Stuffing every nook and cranny.

Might not get wifi for quite some time. Marquesas looks pretty bleak on that front. Might be Nuku Hiva before we hook up again.

Off we go. Into the wild blue yonder!

peace


M

No comments:

Post a Comment