Monday 30 December 2013

Getting a little antsy here. 4 days till we head to St Lucia. 12 days till we set out. Wiped out on the ice last week and tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Then again at the gas station 4 days later. I swear the midwest knows I am leaving and is making a pretty good effort at killing me before I can escape. So I got that going for me. Should be awesome. Maybe I can find some island doctor to fix it. Or maybe if I eat enough bananas or something.

Anyway. A couple of people have asked what the Parasailor is that I mentioned in the list. Its a new (in the last ten years or so) type of downwind sail. A big billowing spinnaker with a lifting wing built into it. Four of us went to Florida a couple weeks ago to train with it. I was quite impressed.



Neither of these is Vivo. Just some shots from the manufactures website.

And this bloody thing is huge! 2,000 sq feet. Our first house was 900 sq ft. Microplastics started in 1,500 sq ft. We have some rigging to do to get this set up on Vivo but I can't wait to fly it. Boats talk about setting it and having it fly for a week solid without having to make adjustments. Which is just unheard of.

We have said goodbye to family and friends. And used way to much rum in the process. Heck, maybe I didn't even say goodbye. Cant remember. Especially the Microplastics send off. Thanks for that guys!

Countdown continues.

peace

M

No comments:

Post a Comment